PDA

View Full Version : Snotty Noses...

smileyface
06-05-2013, 07:47 AM
I have a dck who has the snottiest nose lol. It has been running non stop for 3 weeks now, and it just keeps getting worse and worse. I am now having to wipe it every couple of minutes. Should I ask parents if they've taken him to the doctor, or just leave it? Parents seem to think that it's just allergies, but all of us just got over a cold (suspecting it was from dck). I'm wondering if he has a sinus infection or something since it is yellow/green discharge. Would you guys say anything to the parents, or just leave it? It's so gross. If I don't constantly wipe his nose, he is getting snot on everything. His nose never did this before. It only started to kinda run 3 weeks ago and now it is just constant.

playfelt
06-05-2013, 07:49 AM
You don't say age of child but too young for parents to determine if it is allergies or infection. Infection needs to be ruled out by doctor and then to label it allergies and treat child accordingly. Not wrong to ask for confirmation and treatment suggestions.

smileyface
06-05-2013, 07:51 AM
The dck is only 18 months old. What concerns me is the snot is yellow and green. It's not clear...