Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Feeling inspired!

Well, my Friday ended a wee bit stressful with my basement daycare playroom springing a leak (spring thaw) & of course the return of the runny noses all week. But Monday morning has left me inspired. Saturday I attended a workshop for home daycare providers held by our local early years center. If yours doesn't hold them; call them up and ask for it. I was amazed at the resources they offer us (for free!!); there at our fingertips. Our group was a nice blend of very seasoned and brand new providers (one opening this week!); each with their own challenges & victories. So, with this fresh approach totally rearranged my playroom (of,course, brought on by Friday's leak too) and after a morning of art making with no specific direction or instruction and, of course, a fresh look at the same old toys...I dare say the kids are inspired too. Happy Monday & a big cheers with whatever your beverage of choice may be this morning to all
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dreamalittledream For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    I'm looking forward to a fresh start this week too!

My husband was out of town this weekend, so without his never ending "summer-ization" work, and of course since my son's hockey ended last week, I finally had some downtime to think about what we are going to do, rather than just trying to catch up! The boys and I went book and art supply shopping, and did a storage room toy swap.

Plus in not sure how many more times I can handle saying this and being wrong... But... It's finally supposed to warm up, for real, this week!!!
    Last edited by 2cuteboys; 03-31-2014 at 12:40 PM.

Shy
    That's awesome! I never knew The Early Year Centres offered classes for home daycare workers. I will definitely look into that! Glad your inspired! Spring has hopefully sprung?

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamalittledream View Post
    Well, my Friday ended a wee bit stressful with my basement daycare playroom springing a leak (spring thaw) & of course the return of the runny noses all week. But Monday morning has left me inspired. Saturday I attended a workshop for home daycare providers held by our local early years center. If yours doesn't hold them; call them up and ask for it. I was amazed at the resources they offer us (for free!!); there at our fingertips. Our group was a nice blend of very seasoned and brand new providers (one opening this week!); each with their own challenges & victories. So, with this fresh approach totally rearranged my playroom (of,course, brought on by Friday's leak too) and after a morning of art making with no specific direction or instruction and, of course, a fresh look at the same old toys...I dare say the kids are inspired too. Happy Monday & a big cheers with whatever your beverage of choice may be this morning to all
    Well my Friday was overwhelming to say the least! I have 2 boys that don't blend well and it was getting all the children hyper. One of these boys is leaving at the end of April so I just have to get through another month. The issues that I've had with the one boy seemed to have disappeared so I'm having a pretty good Monday also!